You have the ability to improve the performance of your brain by 35-75% if you learn how to think correctly.
You are also able to improve the performance of your brain by means of various activities you engage in. Try these to keep your brain “in shape”:
1. Socialize. We need a variety of brain stimulation, including social activity, to keep our minds sharp.
2. Eat brain food. Brain-boosting food high in Omega 3 fatty acids (i.e. fish) has been linked to a lower risk of dementia and improved memory.
3. Exercise your brain. Try brain games, puzzles and brainteasers. It stimulates new associations between different parts of the brain, which keeps your brain sharp.
4. Vary your activities. Mix up exercise routines, do something like hiking or playing a ball game.
5. Volunteer. Volunteering adds to a person’s well-being and overall health. Not only does it feel good, it raises self-esteem which is good for your brain.
6. Try something new. Study a new language or memorise a story. It keeps your brain active and increases your ability to learn.