PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
If, upon visiting Our Products and Services, your use is limited to browsing our informational content, we will not require that you provide us with any personally identifiable information. However, we may request and collect personal information from you at other times. We may collect and process the following information about you:
- If you enrol for a subscription through Our Products and Services, we may ask that you provide us with certain personal information, including your name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number.
- NIB does not collect or process your credit card or debit card (“Payment Card”) information. Apple and Google collect your Payment Card information with respect to in-app purchases made through the Apps, and our payment processor collects Payment Card information with respect to payments made through the our website. Such payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they have stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, billing address, and the last four digits of your card number.
- If you create a user account, we will ask that you provide us with your name, e-mail address and password.
- Our Products and Services contains certain questions and surveys as part of its functionality, and we will collect your response to these questions.
- If you report a problem or submit a customer review, we will ask that you provide your name, e-mail address, membership number, address, and phone number. Should you contact us for any reason other than to report a problem and/or submit a review, we may also keep a record and/or copy of your correspondence with us.
- Social media account information if you choose to share any content through third party social media providers such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Device information such as operating system version, device type, and system performance initiation.
- Information collected from tracking technologies as more fully described below.
We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. If and whenever we intend to share your personally identifiable information with a third party (other than to a business partner as provided herein), you will be notified at the time of data collection or transfer, and you will have the option of not permitting the transfer. However, we may from time to time rent or sell demographic information in the aggregate that does not contain your personally identifiable information.
Upon request, NIB will provide you with information about the personal information we store or process on behalf of a third party, if any. You may access, edit or delete your personally identifiable information and your password at any time by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com and we will respond within a reasonable time.
SAFEGAURDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Our primary use of your information is to administer, maintain and improve your experience on our Our Products and Services generally as well as provide you with customer service and interactive communications. We also use your information in the following ways:
- If you check the “opt-in” feature on our Our Products and Services, or if you do not uncheck a pre-checked “opt-in” box we may from time to time send you e-mails regarding our Our Products and Services and special promotions or advertise to you through third party platforms such as Facebook and Google. Also, we occasionally may send you direct mail about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements between you and us.
- Notify you about changes to Our Products and Services.
- To identify your geographic location (such as code, state or country).
- To provide you with the SMS Service where applicable.
- To ask you to voluntarily complete customer satisfaction surveys.
- Track details of transactions through the Our Products and Services and to provide you with Our Products and Services.
- Details of your visits to and interactions with Our Products and Services including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We use your contact information as necessary to send you information about the subscriptions that you have purchased on Our Products and Services.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the services offered on Our Products and Services. We also use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information that we may share with our business partners, but only in the aggregate without any of your personally identifiable information.
- We may research the demographics, interests and behaviour of our customers based on the information provided to us during user account registration or subscription purchase, from our server log files, or from cookies. Our research may be compiled and analysed on an aggregate basis. We may share this aggregate data with business partners, but only in the aggregate, without any of your personally identifiable information.
RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS FROM NIB
If you change your mind and decide that you no longer want to receive promotional e-mails and/or direct mailings, you may opt-out at any time by simply sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by selecting “unsubscribe at the bottom of email communications. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you may turn them off at the device level. If you provide your phone number to us directly or through a third-party for the specific purpose of receiving an SMS message with a link to our Apps, you will receive such SMS message (the “SMS Service”). Standard text message rates will apply.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF NIB PARTNERS
DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our subsidiaries or affiliated companies with common ownership. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- We may disclose personally identifiable information and information submitted by you or collected through your use of Our Products and Services for research purposes as described in Our Website and MAP Terms and Conditions. You are authorising this use under Our Website and MAP Terms and Conditions by using the Our Products and Services unless you contact us and inform us you do not wish to participate in such research.
- We may from time to time partner with other companies to offer co-branded services. Any information that you provide in connection with the co-branded services will become the joint property of NIB and its business partners. We may also disclose other personal information about you to our business partners, but only if we have obtained your permission to make the disclosure before data collection or before transferring the data.
- We may, from time to time, offer you the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from third parties. If you want to receive this information, we may (but only with your permission) share your name and e-mail address with them.
- We also may disclose aggregate demographic and/or user information and statistics in order to describe our customer base to prospective partners and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information without your prior permission in special cases. For example, we may have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating Our Products and Services’ Terms and Conditions, or may be causing intentional or unintentional injury or interference to the rights or property of NIB or any third party, including other customers. Also, we may disclose or access your personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that law or regulation requires disclosure.
- Based on your specific requests, we may need to disclose your personal information to a third party so that they can provide a service you have requested from such party or fulfil a request for information from such party.
- We may disclose the personal information that you have provided to NIB to a third party that offers and/or provides goods or services complementary to our own for the purpose of enhancing our users’ experiences by offering you integrated or complementary functionality or complementary services.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, similar legal process, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of NIB, our customers, or others.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in order to provide NIB advertisements on such third party platforms, to the extent that you have consented to such practices under applicable law.
NIB and our analytics partners use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to enable a service to recognise your device and to measure how people are using Our Products and Services. This includes certain information automatically stored in log files such as IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, operating system, and date and time stamps. We partner with third parties, such as Facebook and Google, to manage our advertising of Our Products and Services on other sites or platforms as well as across your other devices based on your past visits to our website. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities within Our Products and Services to deliver advertising to you, such as retargeting ads. We currently do not respond to do-not-track signals.
You have several choices with respect to cookies. You can modify your browser preferences to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. However, Our Products and Services uses cookie-based authentication. Accordingly, if you choose to reject all cookies, you may not be able to log onto Our Products and Services and/or use Our Products and Services.
Our Products and Services may include the option to share or like certain information through social media platforms. These features may collect your personal information and may set a cookie to enable the feature to work. These social media features are sometimes hosted by third parties. Your use of these features is controlled by the privacy statement of the person providing the feature.
STORE AND PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION
All information you provide to us through Our Products and Services is stored and processed on servers located in South Africa and may be transferred to South Africa from your country of residence. South Africa may not have the same level of protections for your personal information as your country of residence. Payment information is stored with our payment processor and is never stored on our servers.
You must be 18 years of age or an emancipated minor to register for a user account for Our Products and Services. Individuals under the age of 18, or the applicable age of majority, may utilise Our Products and Services only with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian, under such person’s account.